After the Westside TAD Neighborhood Strategic Implementation Plan was completed, Invest Atlanta and the Arthur M. Blank Family Foundation set aside $10 million for implementation purposes. APD was retained by the Arthur M. Family Foundation to execute the recommendations from the plan, specifically in land banking and property acquisition. APD-U’s scope of work includes the identification, mapping, and analysis of key redevelopment
parcels within the Westside TAD for property acquisition purposes.
APD-U is currently working with a variety of agencies within the City of Atlanta to coordinate efforts that affect the acquisition of properties within the Westside TAD. APD-U also manages a variety of professionals involved in the acquisition process including realtors, appraisers, title research companies, and closing attorneys. APD-U utilizes GIS mapping of existing conditions and a variety of additional property data including code violations, assessed values, and ownership to assist with acquisition.
- Outlined Property Acquisition Process to follow for the target area
- Created an online mapping tool with a variety of data points for all parcels within the Westside TAD neighborhoods
- Placed professionals under contract to aid in the acquisition process
- Identified over 200 properties for initial property acquisition efforts
- Managed collaboration with other city agencies for property acquisition purposes
- Developed tracking and reporting tools for project management