APD-U was retained by the City of Atlanta to prepare a Blight Study for the four neighborhoods within the Westside Tax Allocation District. Conditions research was used to inform a Blight Remediation Strategy in preparation for a funding request to the Department of Community Affairs (DCA). APD-U employed a two phased approach to the project, first documenting existing conditions and then identifying focus areas within the neighborhoods to demonstrate how the strategy would work. The final product included the Blight Remediation Strategy cost for each focus area.
APD-U quantified blight through the mapping of existing conditions and various blight indicators. Next, a Suitability Analysis determined the range of negative influences from identified blight. APD-U, alongside the City of Atlanta, identified four focus areas for application of a Blight Remediation Strategy to reduce the presence of blight indicators. An estimated cost for the implantation of a Blight Remediation Strategy for each focus area concluded the Blight Study.
- Conducted four (4) needs assessments and delivered accompanying reports
- Conducted six (6) grantee staff assessments, which resulted in three (3) direct technical assistance assignments
- Prepared webinar documents for “Affordable Housing Events for NSP Grantees”
- Conducted spending analysis, reconciliation review of expenditures, review and analyses of compliance processes
- Completed technical papers and presentations for grantee’s use with elected officials and key stakeholders
- Conducted compliance audits and reviews, create programmatic compliance tools and processes
- Provided subject matter experts for six (6) grantee clinics and workshops
- Provided over 1500 hours in technical assistance to date