The City of Florence selected APD-U to complete The Florence Neighborhood Revitalization Strategy (NRS), which focuses on three downtown neighborhoods: North Florence, Northwest Florence, and East Florence. The NRS proposes a comprehensive revitalization strategy that enhances the overall desirability of Florence as a place to live, increases the city’s regional competitiveness, sets the stage for catalytic development, and builds off of recent successes within and around the downtown area.
APD-Us work included community engagement, analysis of existing conditions including demographics, housing and market conditions. After receiving public input and compiling and analyzing relevant data, the final analysis led to the selection of three areas for Catalytic Projects and the development of a stabilization and revitalization strategy for the neighborhoods. APD-U was also retained to manage the implementation of the NRS.
- Housing and Retail Supply and Demand Analysis
- Decision Making Strategy for the selection of Catalytic Projects
- Stabilization Strategy which included recommendations on safety, code enforcement, and supporting existing residents and businesses
- Revitalization Strategy which included implementation steps on new single family development, economic development, and pre-development steps
- Historic preservation recommendations including the preservation of historic assets within the community